Learn More About Poor Digestive health
Gut health is the foundation of our overall health. Our digestive system al-lows us to break down and absorb nutrients (and energy) from food and eliminate toxins from the body. It is also the control centre of our immune system, and produces many of our hormones including serotonin and do-pamine, which impact our mood, sleep, appetite, and the nervous system.
Symptoms of Poor Digestive Health
- Abdominal discomfort
- Mucous in the stool
- Anxiety and depression
- Frequent cold and flu
Inflammatory issues like eczema, acne, joint pain, and autoimmune dis-eases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Eat slowly: Digestion begins with chewing!
- Lemon water or apple cider vinegar five minutes before a meal can also help to promote this action
- Eat Prebiotic foods containing soluble fibre, and they feed healthy gut bacteria
- Supplement: GUT-FX supports digestion in order to support our overall health
- Address constipation issues
- Fermented foods often worsen symptoms because the types of bac-teria in food items may not be best suited for them
- Avoid artificial sweeteners and refined sugar
- Follow a low-FODMAP diet
- Avoid inflammatory foods
- Reduce stress