- Drink more water: After the liver neutralizes toxins they are eliminated from the body through the bowels and bladder. Even minor dehydration will limit your body’s ability to get rid of toxins. Aim to drink at least 2 litres of water daily, and more if you’re active or in a warm climate.
- Support Elimination: When we’re constipated, toxins can be reabsorbed from the bowel, adding to the toxic burden in the body. We should have at least one fully evacuated bowel movement daily. Increasing fibre in the diet, drinking plenty of water, and being active are great first steps to support bowel health.
Healthy nutrition: The liver requires vitamins, minerals, proteins and other nutrients that we get from food to function optimally. Foods also contain antioxidants that heal damage caused by Phase 1 oxidation. Top liver supportive foods include:
- Cruciferous veggies: brussels sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale
- Foods containing sulphur: eggs, garlic, onions
- Protein-rich foods: meat, fish, beans, chickpeas
- Mineral-rich foods: nuts, seeds, dark leafy greens, beans
- Antioxidants: berries, beets, spinach, artichoke, dark chocolate
- Limit caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol are detoxified by the liver and add to its workload.
- Use natural products: Transition to natural and scent-free cleaning products and personal care products. This can be a gradual change over time, as you run out of items try to replace them with more natural products. Top chemicals to avoid are phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and parabens.
The liver is the body’s most important detoxifier. It is continually working to neutralize toxins so they can be safely eliminated from the body. The overall burden of toxicity on the body may be higher than we think, due to chemicals in our products, food additives, alcohol and medication use. If the liver can’t keep up, we experience symptoms of fatigue, acne, hormonal imbalance, and brain fog, and it can eventually lead to liver damage.
LIV-GREAT improves liver function by supporting both Phase 1 and 2 detoxification pathways. It provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant support to heal and protect the liver from damage caused by toxins and promotes regeneration of healthy liver cells. LIV-GREAT helps your liver keep up with the daily demands of neutralizing toxins. A healthy liver means lower toxicity in the body and improved overall health.