Gut health is the foundation of our overall health. Our digestive system allows us to break down and absorb nutrients (and energy) from food and eliminate toxins from the body. It is also the control centre of our immune system, and produces many of our hormones including serotonin and dopamine, which impact our mood, sleep, appetite and the nervous system.
The gut lining is like a neighbourhood made up of houses along a street. If we have a good neighbourhood, there are people living in each home who take care of their yards and go to work to contribute to society as a whole. Cars may drive down the street in this neighbourhood, but they only pull into driveways and enter homes if they’re invited guests.
A healthy digestive tract is very similar! There are single cells lining the digestive tract, populated by beneficial gut bacteria that ensure the gut lining functioning in a healthy way, and who have jobs to benefit the body, including immune system and hormone functioning. The gut lining selectively absorbs nutrients from the contents passing through the digestive tract, and the rest continues on its way to be excreted from the body.
When the gut lining is inflamed, it’s like we have a bad gut neighbourhood. The good neighbours have left, and squatters have moved in. They don’t take care of the properties, and don’t contribute positively to their communities. Uninvited guests might break into houses and cause issues throughout the neighbourhood. In an unhealthy digestive system, there is often an overgrowth of unhealthy bacteria or yeast that contributes to inflammation in the gut lining. We refer to this as ‘leaky gut syndrome’. This limits the digestive tract from carrying out its normal functions, resulting in symptoms throughout the body.
Leaky gut can be caused by antibiotic use, eating inflammatory and processed foods, some medications, contracting traveller’s diarrhea, prolonged stress. These factors can negatively alter the gut flora, resulting in inflammation in the digestive tract.
When our digestive tract is inflamed, we may experience bloating, gas, heartburn, nausea, abdominal discomfort, constipation, diarrhea, or mucous in the stool. If we have prolonged issues with our digestion, it leads to whole-body symptoms, including fatigue, anxiety, depression, frequent cold and flu, and inflammatory issues like eczema, acne, joint pain, and autoimmune diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
GUT-FX is the ultimate formula to heal inflammation and restore our gut-neighbourhood. It provides the building blocks that your body needs to repair the lining of the intestinal tract. It contains herbs to reduce inflammation and soothe digestion, and probiotics to support a healthy gut flora. GUT-FX provides a well-rounded approach to supporting gut health, which improves our ability to absorb nutrients, eliminate toxins, balance the immune system and support neurological hormones.
- The most abundant building block in the intestinal lining, helping to rebuild and support the integrity of the intestinal wall2.
- Reduces inflammation in the digestive tract, targeting the inflammatory component of autoimmune digestive conditions including Celiac, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis to improve digestive symptoms in these conditions2.
- Boosts the release of mediators that rebuild the structure of the intestinal wall3.
- Increases blood flow to the digestive tract, bringing oxygen and nutrients to aid in the repair and maintenance of the intestinal tract3.
- Soothes the digestive lining to improve symptoms of gastritis, digestive upset, and IBS4.
- Anti-inflammatory activity to protect the gut lining from damage caused by inflammation5.
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity to protect and heal the gut lining from damage caused by inflammation6.
- Metabolized by healthy gut bacteria to promote a robust microbiome environment6.
- Soothes the digestive lining to improve symptoms of gastritis, digestive upset, and IBS7.
- Antioxidant activity to heal the gut lining from damage, resulting in symptom improvements people with IBD7,8.
- Colonises the small intestine to support a healthy gut microbiome and protect against the growth of unhealthy bacteria in the digestive tract9.
- Helps to positively modulate the immune system9,10.
- Colonises the large intestine to support a healthy gut microbiome and protect against the growth of unhealthy bacteria in the digestive tract10.
- Reduces symptoms of bloating, discomfort and irregular bowel habits in people with IBS10,11.
Each Scoop (6g) Contains
N-Acetyl-Glucosamine (N-Acetyl-beta-D-glucosamine) 500mg
Marshmallow Root (Althaea officinalis) 10:1 Extract (QCE 2g) 200mg
Aloe Vera Leaf Gel (Aloe barbadensis) 200:1 Extract (QCE 40g) 200mg
Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra – stem bark inner)100mg
Lactobacillus Acidophilus - Whole Cell LA-145 Billion CFU
Bifidobacterium Animalis subsp. Lactis - Whole Cell BI-045 Billion CFU
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Dipotassium phosphate, Potassium phosphate monobasic, Trehalose, Sucrose
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Adults: Mix 1 teaspoon (6g) with water or juice before use, and drink once daily. Take a few hours before or after other medications or natural health products. Take at least 2-3 hours before or after antibiotics. Maintain adequate fluid intake throughout the day.
Do not use this product if you have a compromised immune system. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes, fever, vomiting, bloody diarrhea, or severe abdominal pain. Stop use and consult a health care practitioner if symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond 3 days. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, have had recent surgery or have upcoming surgery. Keep out of reach of children.
- Our digestion should function by absorbing nutrients, eliminating waste, and supporting the immune system and hormone production. However, factors including eating unhealthy foods, antibiotic use, and prolonged stress negatively alter gut flora, which leads to digestive upset and inflammation. It’s important to improve the diet, practice healthy eating habits and reduce stress, but providing additional support for healing the gut is the best thing we can do to get our gut-microbiome back on track.
- GUT-FX promotes digestive health by targeting three aspects of leaky gut syndrome. It provides building blocks to heal the digestive tract, herbs to soothe the gut lining and limit inflammation, and probiotics to replenish healthy gut flora. GUT-FX supports digestion in order to support our overall health.
- Weaver KR, Melkus GD, Henderson WA. Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Am J Nurs. 2017;117(6):48–55.
- Kim MH, Kim H. The Roles of Glutamine in the Intestine and Its Implication in Intestinal Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18(5):1051.
- Chen JK, Shen CR, Liu CL. N-acetylglucosamine: production and applications. Mar Drugs. 2010;8(9):2493–2516.
- Deters A, Zippel J, Hellenbrand N, Pappai D, Possemeyer C, Hensel A. Aqueous extracts and polysaccharides from Marshmallow roots (Althea officinalis L.): Cellular internalisation and stimulation of cell physiology of human epithelial cells in vitro. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;127:62–9.
- Zaghlool SS, Shehata BA, Abo-Seif AA, Abd El-Latif HA. Protective effects of ginger and marshmallow extracts on indomethacin-induced peptic ulcer in rats. J Nat Sci Biol Med. 2015;6(2):421–428.
- Radha MH, Laxmipriya NP. Evaluation of biological properties and clinical effectiveness of Aloe vera: A systematic review. J Tradit Complement Med. 2014;5(1):21–26.
- Hoffman D. Medical Herbalism. Rochester, Vermont: Healing Arts Press, 2003.
- Langmead L, Dawson C, Hawkins C, Banna N, Loo S, Rampton DS. Antioxidant effects of herbal therapies used by patients with inflammatory bowel disease: an in vitro study. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002;16(2):197–205.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus La-14. Technical Memorandum 48-Ie. Accessed on 28 Feb 2020. Available from: http://ss1.spletnik.si/4_4/000/000/19f/152/La-14%20TM.pdf
- Paineau D, Carcano D, Leyer G, et Effects of seven potential probiotic strains on specific immune responses in healthy adults: a double-blind, randomized, controlled trial. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;53(1):107-113.
- van Zanten GC, Knudsen A, Röytiö H, et al. The effect of selected synbiotics on microbial composition and short-chain fatty acid production in a model system of the human colon. PLoS One. 2012;7(10):e47212.
Gut health is the foundation of our overall health. It is also the control centre of our immune system, and produces many of our hormones including serotonin and dopamine, which impact our mood, sleep, appetite and the nervous system.
- Abdominal discomfort
- Constipation and or diarrhea
- Mucous in the stool
- Anxiety, depression
- Frequent cold and flu
- Inflammatory issues like eczema, acne, joint pain, and autoimmune diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
GUT-FX IS THE ULTIMATE FORMULA TO:
GUT-FX is the ultimate formula for repairing the lining of the intestinal tract, healing inflammation, supporting gut flora, and restoring gut health.
- Soothe digestive disorders
- Improve skin conditions
- Reduce inflammation
- Promote healthy gut flora
- Eliminate toxins
- Balance the immune system
- Support neurological hormones
Symptoms of Gut inflammation
GUT-FX provides a well-rounded approach to supporting gut health, which improves our ability to absorb nutrients, eliminate toxins, balance the immune system and support neurological hormones.
Dr. Hilary’s Lifestyle Tips To Improve
Eat slowly: Digestion begins with chewing! Chew slowly, put down your fork between bites, and enjoy your meals. This helps you break down foods better in the stomach so that it is more well-received in the small and large intestines.
Get hungry: When your stomach grumbles, your body is ready to properly digest a meal. This is a sign you’re producing stomach acid and digestive enzymes to break down foods. Think about your meal, smell it as its cooking, and allow yourself to get hungry. Lemon water or apple cider vinegar five minutes before a meal can also help to promote this action.Read More