- Take three deep breaths before you start a meal to take you out of ‘fight or flight’ and put you into ‘rest and digest’. Our digestive organs function most effectively when we are relaxed.
- Enjoy your meal! The smell and flavour of food is important for enhancing the secretion of gastric acid and digestive enzymes. Eat slowly, chew thoroughly, and remove distractions to allow you to focus on your meal.
- Consistency is key. Try to eat meals and snacks at the same times each day so that your body gets used to a routine. You should be getting a little hungry in anticipation of each meal, and if you’re not, then you may be overeating or eating too frequently.
- Make sure to have having at least one, fully evacuating bowel movement daily. Healthy bowel function helps to regulate digestion in the stomach and small intestine.
- Heal the gut! Indigestion, cramping, gas, bloating, and heartburn can all be indications of an unhealthy gut environment. Bitters are helpful for improving digestion, but sometimes we can benefit from additional support to address the microbiome.
Gallexier Digestive Bitters contains a synergistic blend of twelve herbs that work together to support healthy digestion.
The taste of any food should trigger a release of gastric acid and digestive enzymes, but tasting something bitter has a more profound response on digestive secretions9. This may be because things that are bitter are more likely to be poisonous than other flavours, so these receptors have been conditioned to be extra-sensitive.
The bitter herbs in
Gallexier promote the natural release of gastric acid, digestive enzymes, and bile to help us effectively breakdown food in the stomach. This alleviates symptoms of heartburn, gas, cramping, and bloating, and helps to promote healthy bowel movements.
Gallexier Digestive Bitters contains herbs that enhance the secretion of bile from the liver and gallbladder, which promotes gentle liver detoxification. It contains herbs that soothe the digestive tract, working synergistically with bitter herbs to reduce bloating and cramping.
Gallexier Digestive Bitters also contains anti-inflammatory herbs to heal and prevent damage in digestive tract. A healthy digestive system allows us to absorb the nutrients we need to support our overall health.