It also contains antioxidants that heal and protect damaged tissues and cells3. These two processes work together to support our long-term health.
Dandelion is a rich source of vitamins and nutrients, including vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, and potassium1. Interestingly, most diuretics deplete electrolytes, including potassium, calcium, and magnesium, but the dandelion plant helps to replenish them in the body.
Dandelion Plant Juice provides a biologically active, whole plant source of dandelion.
Dandelion Plant Juice increases the flow of bile from the liver, which helps to improve digestion, detoxification, and liver function2,3.
Dandelion Plant Juice acts as a diuretic to alleviate swelling, puffiness, and water retention1. It increases urinary output to help the kidneys eliminate toxins, salt, and excess water from the body1.
Dandelion Juice is a source of anti-inflammatories4 and antioxidants5 that heal and protect the body from damage caused by inflammation and oxidative stress.
Dandelion juice made from fresh dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) herb and root
- Diuretic activity that reduces swelling and water retention1
- Supports detoxification of the kidneys and liver1-3
- Antioxidant4 and anti-inflammatory3
- Rich in electrolytes, including potassium, magnesium, and calcium1
Each 20ml Contains
Dandelion Juice (Taraxacum officinale) 20ml
Ingredients: Dandelion juice made from fresh dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) herb and root
Vegan | Gluten Free | Contains No Priority Allergens
Take 20mlof dandelion juice twice daily before the meals, pure or diluted in water or juice. Shake the bottle well before use.
Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist of worsen. Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have liver or gall bladder diseases and/or intestinal obstruction.Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen or if symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks.
Do not use if you have heart disease, high or low blood pressure, kidney or liver disorder, diabetes, edema, or if you are taking products containing diuretics.
Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children.
Dr. Hilary’s Tips To Support Detoxification
- Drink more water: Toxins are eliminated from the body through the bowels and bladder. Even minor dehydration will limit your body’s ability to get rid of toxins. Aim to drink at least 2 liters of water daily, and more if you are active or in a warm climate.
- Support the bowels: When we are constipated, toxins can be reabsorbed from the bowel, adding to the toxic burden in the body. We should have at least one fully evacuated bowel movement daily. Increasing fiber in the diet, drinking plenty of water, and being active are great first steps to support bowel health.
- Healthy nutrition: Certain foods can help to boost our body’s detoxification pathways. These include Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and kale, sulfur-containing foods like eggs, garlic, and onion, and antioxidants like berries, beets, and artichoke.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol: Caffeine and alcohol are detoxified by the liver and add to its workload. They can also irritate the bladder and affect the urinary elimination of waste.
- Use natural products: Transition to natural and scent-free cleaning products and personal care products. This can be a gradual change over time, as you run out of items try to replace them with more natural products. Top chemicals to avoid are phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and parabens.
- Clare BA, Conroy RS, Spelman K. The diuretic effect in human subjects of an extract of Taraxacum officinale folium over a single day. J Altern Complement Med.2009;15(8):929-934.
- Choi UK, Lee OH, Yim JH, et al. Hypolipidemic and antioxidant effects of dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) root and leaf on cholesterol-fed rabbits. Int J Mol Sci. 2010;11(1):67–78.
- Majewski M, Lis B, Juśkiewicz J, et al. Phenolic Fractions from Dandelion Leaves and Petals as Modulators of the Antioxidant Status and Lipid Profile in an In Vivo Study. Antioxidants (Basel). 2020;9(2):131.
- Wirngo FE, Lambert MN, Jeppesen PB. The Physiological Effects of Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) in Type 2 Diabetes. Rev Diabet Stud. 2016;13(2-3):113-131.
Benefits of Dandelion Juice
- Dandelion increases the flow of bile, which helps the liver to eliminate toxins. This process can also help to lower cholesterol and improve liver health
- The kidneys process and filter out toxins from the blood. Dandelion has a significant diuretic action, which means increases the elimination of toxins, as well as excess salt and water by increasing urinary output
- This diuretic action can also help to alleviate symptoms of puffiness, swelling, and water retention
- Dandelion has anti-inflammatory components that reduce the amounts of damaging inflammatory mediators in the body
- Contains antioxidants that heal and protect damaged tissues and cells. These two processes work together to support our long-term health
The liver processes and detoxifies chemicals, hormones, and other potentially harmful substances, and then puts the end-product into bile to be eliminated from the body.
Symptoms of a Congested Liver may include:
- Poor memory
- Hormonal imbalances
- Nausea and/or abdominal pain caused by a build-up of toxins in the body
Dandelion Plant Juice provides the body with nutrients, including vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, and potassium. This can assist with replenishing electrolytes that may be lost as part of its diuretic action.
Dandelion Plant Juice is made from organic, fresh dandelion herb and root that is pressed and sealed within 2-3 hours of harvesting the plant. Since it is made from the whole plant, it contains a full spectrum of active herb ingredients. It does not contain preservatives, added sugars, colours, or flavours.
Dr. Hilary’s Lifestyle Tips
Drink more water: Toxins are eliminated from the body through the bowels and bladder. Even minor dehydration will limit your body’s ability to get rid of toxins. Aim to drink at least 2 liters of water daily, and more if you are active or in a warm climate.
Support the bowels: When we are constipated, toxins can be reabsorbed from the bowel, adding to the toxic burden in the body. We should have at least one fully evacuated bowel movement daily. Increasing fiber in the diet, drinking plenty of water, and being active are great first steps to support bowel health.Read More