- Draws water into the bowel, which improves hydration in the digestive tract and softens the stool, making it easier to pass3.
- Inhibits the channels that reabsorb water from the bowel, which softens the stool and makes it easier to pass4.
- Gently activates pelvic nerves and motility receptors in the colon to enhance peristalsis and promote bowel motility4.
- Increases water content in the bowel to soften stool and stimulate its movement through the colon5.
- Soothes and heals the digestive tract to improve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), including reductions in pain and straining, and improved stool consistency and frequency6.
- Increases peristaltic action to promote regular bowel movements. Triphala improves the number, frequency and consistency of bowel movements while decreasing the abdominal pain and bloating caused by constipation8.
- Rich in vitamin C, flavonoids and polyphenols that provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the bowel, protecting the gut mucosa and the improving symptoms of IBS9.
- Supports the gut microbiota through inhibiting the growth of some undesirable bacterial strains, and promoting the growth of beneficial bacteria, including Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus species9.